I’ve been back on a good roll this week after last weekend’s complete no show on the roads for my feet. I confess that I did not run this morning – but I had a good reason! I woke to stiff shins. Yeah, I am SO not going to push that. Ya’ll remember my epic battle with the tendinitis from hell. No way am I going there again!! I’ll run tomorrow morning ~ the shins feel pretty good now. I did manage to shave some time off the last run yesterday – quite a bit, in fact. Fastest run in months, which made me happy. Nothing like where I was at, of course, but still! It’s an improvement – I’ll take it!!
I finished up 2 shopping bags & a couple dishcloths in the past week for Dad’s Kiwanis Club. I’ve got another shopping bag OTN at the moment for a good friend – her birthday was this week & I completely forgot all about it, absent minded geek that I am. Yeesh!
I’ve got the yarn all dyed up for the next sock design… all I need to do next is knit up some gauge swatches to work out a new stitch pattern for it. I know the look I’ve got in mind, I just have to play around with it. Oh! And I already have a visual in my head of the pattern that will follow this one! YAY! I just have to sort out in my head how to go about knitting up the idea. I think it’s going to be fab if I can make it work. I’m *loving* this new series idea! I’m trying to be patient – I would love to design, knit & write up every pattern in the series & have them all available at the same time. But knowing me, I won’t be patient enough for that. LOL
The Desk Tells All!
Before I move on to the desk bit, I must give a tiny bit of backstory first for one bit. So… I’ve had the same haircut now for 4 years or so now. I love it! It’s a pixie cut – as seen in the photo to the right, which suits me well enough, I think. Well, ever since my coworkers found out that I have renewed my Doctor Who addiction, they have been teasing me mercilessly about my hair, which has given me all sorts of WTF moments. I’ve heard the range from getting called Time Lord and The Doctor to “oh, so now we’re wearing our hair like David Tennant?!”… it’s really been quite funny. Hellooo!?! Same haircut I’ve had for 4 years now, this is nothing new…!
So on Ravelry today, one of my fellow Rubberneckers posted pics of her office. Then another posted pics of HER office (which I am seriously jealous of). So I’m not at work & my work cubicle is terribly boring at the moment anyway… but I took a gander at my desk here at home (which counts as my office since I do work from home 2 days out of the week!) and decided to have some fun with it. I snapped a shot – here you go, my life summed up a little just by my desk alone!
What do we have here?
- The ever present glass of Diet Dr. Pepper, of course!
- The infamous Blackberry. Used to be the bane of my existence, but not any more now that others are texting instead of calling me.
- Not only do I have Time Lord hair, but yes… I have geek glasses that I only use for reading or when I want to look smart/geeky – just like the Fifth & Tenth Doctors. *eye roll*
- Severus Snape. Need I say more? LOL
- My collection of Doctor Who books. Ermm, the rest of the collection is in PDF format on the computer & encompasses all of the Eighth Doctor stories & quite a few older ones.
- Running gear, of course! That’s my HRM along with my arm band & iPod.
- Current knitting project
- The home computer with new wallpaper
- My collection of knitting needles, crochet hooks, scissors, stitch markers. A Mean Girls’ Yarn Club band, my fancy schmancy ball winder (an empty M&M mini container) and one of my drop spindles.
- The work computer. Must setup second monitor for that. One of my favorite shots for the wallpaper. :)
Today’s Ravelry Search
In light of my complete & utter geekness, I give you some awesome selections from today’s search! Remember that the pictures will take you straight to the pattern page on Ravelry & that none of these are mine!
* Free pattern
Happy Friday/Saturday, all! LOL
Seriously loving the collection of patterns you picked out this week!!
Reading your blog on a regular basis is making me feel lazy, like I should be out running too!! Maybe one day…
I do not know why I haven’t searched for geek before! I was amazed at how many dice bag patterns there were. LOL!
I *love* to run! LOVE it! :) If I can inspire just one person to get their feet on the road, I’ll be over the moon. he he he
Cute figurines… I love the hobbit… but I guess you knew I would.LOL
ROFL – yes, my BFF, I knew you’d love it! I included it just for you! ;)
You know I am actually a Faramir fan (much more than of the hobbits ) …David Wenham is sooo HOT…LOL
ROFL – you know me, just not a huge LOTR fan – I had to look him up. :P Gah!! He’s blonde! Nope, not for me – he’s all yours! ;)