Say THAT 3 times fast! What on Earth IS it, you ask? Why, it’s the fear of Friday the 13th, of course! :D Frigg is the Norse goddess for whom Friday is named; triskaidedaphobia means the fear of the number 13. Some fun facts associated with Friday the 13th…
- Black Sabbath’s eponymous debut album was released in the UK on Friday, February 13, 1970.
- The 13th book in A Series of Unfortunate Events was released on Friday, October 13, 2006 by Lemony Snicket, also known as novelist Daniel Handler.
- Four of the twelve films in the Friday the 13th series, including the most recent (reboot of the series), were released on a Friday the 13th.
- Long-running theatrical show, Supernatural Chicago, premiered on Friday, February 13, 2004.
- AdventureQuest Worlds MMORPG features special in-game events featuring Voltaire (musician) and other guests for each Friday the 13th.
Ok, I’m sorry – I just HAD to link to Voltaire’s “Zombie Prostitute” – how could I resist a name like that, seriously?! For your listening pleasure, I give you the entire song…
- The renowned rapper Tupac Amaru Shakur was pronounced dead on Friday, September 13, 1996.
- The asteroid 99942 Apophis will make a close encounter with Earth, closer than the orbits of communication satellites, on Friday, April 13, 2029.
Yes, I have been running! w00t! I’ve been sticking to 3 mile runs every other day so that I don’t start off too hard, too fast. Even that is kind of pushing it, given that I hadn’t been running very much. So far, no issues at all, though, apart from one day of sore legs when I first started back. Each run has been progressively faster than the last, with the exception of Tuesday’s run. That day, I came upon Larry just after the quarter mile marker, so I slowed down to a slow jog so we could chat. We jogged together for the next 1.25 miles & as usual, it was awesome. :)
He was very sweet & complimented me on not having actually gained any weight from my long break in running (I actually hadn’t). He made a very valid point in that many people continue to eat as if they are still running, even though they aren’t getting the same amount of exercise. The end result usually is putting on a few pounds.
- Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay – Let me first preface this review by saying that I read the books well before ever seeing the show. The first 2 books? Brilliant. This one? Not so much. Dexter has lost his edge – that keen brilliance, the sharp mind & the ability to spot the tiniest clue overlooked by everyone else? All gone. Now we get endless descriptions of Miami traffic, Dexter’s cold, Rita’s cooking, and the streets that Dexter takes to get from point A to point B. Ok, Mr. Lindsay – we get it. You know Miami.
I finished my 3 hour sweater, though it took much longer than that, of course. I didn’t make any changes to the pattern I followed, other than to go down a size for the ribbing on the sleeves – I should have gone to size 5s on the needles, rather than 6, as they are still a bit too big. Ah well, the wool is a wee bit scratchy on my sensitive skin, so I’ll have to wear a shirt underneath it, so it’s just as well. :)
I cast on for the oldest manlet’s birthday present this week, I’ll be finishing that today. He picked out the Socky Slouchy Hat for the pattern and Knit Picks Felici in Pebble for the yarn. It’s knitting up fast & I love how it’s striping. :)
Today’s Ravelry Search
My search for today is a little different. This one is dedicated to my friend Stephie. :D The standard disclaimers apply – none of these are mine, they are all patterns published on Ravelry – simply click the picture to go right to the Rav pattern page!
* Free Pattern
Check it out – I’ve added new buttons for all your social sites now! ;) Click away, I would love that. He he he
Tell me how YOU handle Friday the 13th – is it a day that bothers you? Just another day? Me personally, it’s just another day – though I am going to Happy Hour to meet up with all my geeky friends. :D